Last modified: October 17, 2018
Third Party Links. The Site may provide links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the content or privacy compliance of third party websites or applications. You should check those websites or applications for their privacy statements and the terms that apply to them.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The amount and type of information we gather depends upon your use of the Site and, in some cases, what type of information you choose to disclose. Generally, we collect two types of information about you:
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
There are basically two ways we collect information about you when you visit the Site. We collect information about you directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, and we collect information about you automatically as you navigate through the Site.
Voluntarily Provided Information. We ask for Personal Data from you in only a few areas of the Site. One of those areas is the page on the Site that allows you to register for our newsletter. If you want to register for our newsletter, you are required to provide us your name and email address, both of which are Personal Data. You have the right to unregister from our newsletter at any time by following the instructions included in each newsletter email. Alternatively, you can request to stop receiving our newsletter by clicking on CONTACT US and making the request on our “Contact Us” form. However, unless you request that we delete your name and email address from our records, we will continue to keep that information but make a notation with that information that the User is unsubscribed.
The Site also enables you to take the first step to become a Three Dog Bakery franchisee by completing and submitting our Franchisee Inquiry Form found at https://threedog.com/own-a-bakery/franchise-inquiry-form/. This form requires you to provide us with your name, address, email, and phone number. If you do not become a Three Dog Bakery franchisee, the Personal Data about you that we obtain from this process will be deleted upon your request by clicking on CONTACT US and making the request on our “Contact Us” form.
Automatically Provided Information. As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to the Site. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see MANAGING OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To Provide Services to You. We use Personal Data that you voluntarily give us by registering for a service like our newsletter to enable us to provide you with that service. You have the right to unregister for our newsletter at any time by following the instructions included in each newsletter email or you can request to stop receiving our newsletter by clicking on CONTACT US and making the request on our “Contact Us” form.
- To Commence the Process of Becoming a Franchisee. We use Personal Data that you voluntarily give us when you complete and submit our Franchisee Inquiry Form to commence our consideration of you as a potential Three Dog Bakery franchisee.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose Non-Personal Data without restriction. We do not disclose Personal Data to anyone except as follows:
- For any disclosed purpose. We may disclose Personal Data for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We may disclose Personal Data with your consent.
- To successors to our business or assets. We may disclose Personal Data to a buyer or other successor to our business in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about visitors to the Site is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with legal process and prevent harm. We may disclose Personal Data to respond to subpoenas, court orders, and other legal processes. In rare circumstances, we may disclose Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to prevent illegal, fraudulent, or injurious actions that may cause harm to property or individuals.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING INFORMATION
- We can collect and process your information with your consent.
- Contractual Obligations. We need your Personal Data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, where you have provided us with your email address to receive our newsletter, we will use this information in order to deliver communicate newsletter.
- Legitimate interest. We may require your information to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and we provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We retain Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill any legal obligations we may have as well as for purposes of processing your information (for example, if you continue to subscribe to one of our services, we will need your information to deliver the service to you). We may also retain Non-Personal Data beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from Non-Personal Data retained or used for these purposes. We keep the Personal Data that we obtain from subscribers to our newsletter and from potential franchisees inquiring about becoming a Three Dog Bakery franchise until such time as the newsletter subscriber or potential franchisee contacts us by clicking on CONTACT US and requesting that we delete the information from our records.
WHERE WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
HOW WE SECURE PERSONAL DATA
Three Dog Bakery, and the third-party vendors we use to store your Personal Data, employ security measures (such as SSL encryption and HTTPS protocol) to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Data or other communications will always remain secure.
MANAGING OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your Personal Data:
- Tracking Technologies. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
- Unregister from our newsletter. You can unregister from receiving our newsletter at any time by following the instructions included in each newsletter email or by clicking on CONTACT US and making the request on our “Contact Us” form.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may send us an email at any time by clicking on CONTACT US to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Data about you that you have provided to us. Deletion of your Personal Data may result in the termination of the related service we were providing to you, like our newsletter. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Residents of the United States. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide Personal Data to the Site may request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Three Dog Bakery, LLC, 1656 Washington Street, Suite 150, Kansas City, MO 64108.
Residents of the European Economic Area.
- The Data Controller. For the purposes of European Economic Area data protection law, (the “Data Protection Law”), the data controller is: Three Dog Bakery, LLC, 1656 Washington Street, Suite 150, Kansas City, MO 64108. (email@example.com)
- Strictly Necessary: cookies that enable the services that you have specifically asked or paid for;
- Performance: cookies that collect information on how visitors use our site including the pages visited and most frequented as well as the sources of our traffic. They are used to help us improve how the site works; and
- Functionality: cookies that help us remember the choices you have made so we can provide you with a more personalized experience.
If you have any questions about the cookies we set, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Storage. The information that we collect from you is transferred to, and may be stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that is not subject to equivalent Data Protection Law. For our purposes, the information we collect is processed and stored in the U. We may transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA:
- To store it.
- To enable us to provide goods or services to you and fulfill our contract with you. This includes order fulfillment, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- To facilitate the operation of our business, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
- European Site users have certain rights under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your Personal Data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your Personal Data, including the right to object to marketing;
- to request that your provided Personal Data be moved to a third party.
- Your right to withdraw consent. Where the processing of your Personal data by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html).
Residents of Hong Kong.
Three Dog Bakery takes steps to keep your Personal Data accurate and up to date. If you reside in Hong Kong, you may request access to or correction of the Personal Data that we have collected about you. To access your Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officer by clicking on CONTACT US and making the request on our “Contact Us” form. We will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable, and in any event, within the time limits prescribed by law.
You may choose not to provide Three Dog Bakery with your Personal Data. However, if you choose not to provide your Personal Data, you may not be able to enjoy the services we offer, such as our newsletter.
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail:
Three Dog Bakery, LLC
1656 Washington Street, Suite 150
Kansas City, MO 64108
Attention: Data Protection Officer
or by calling us at: (800) 487-3287